Date Revised and Posted: October 2011 (“Effective Date“) by Scorpion Automotive Ltd, a company with an address at Drumhead Road Chorley North Business Park, Chorley, Lancashire, PR6 7BZ, United Kingdom.
2. DISCLAIMER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WE DO NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY, REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REGARDING OR ARISING FROM: (I) MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; (II) COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF USAGE, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE; OR (III)TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF THE SITE AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE PROFITABILITY OF TRANSACTIONS EXECUTED ON THE SITE OR THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE, AND INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE LEGAL, FINANCIAL, ACCOUNTING, TAX OR OTHER ADVICE, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.
3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. 3.1 Excluded Damages. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DAMAGES“), ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE AND NOT OF LIMITATION, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR: (I) LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, BUSINESS, SAVINGS, GOODWILL OR DATA, (II) ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, DENIAL OF SERVICE ATTACK, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, AND (III) THIRD PARTY THEFT OF, DESTRUCTION OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION, EQUIPMENT, OR PROPERTY. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF AND INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY OTHER SITE USERS OR THIRD PARTIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT) AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
3.2 Enforceability. THIS PROVISION ENTITLED “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” APPLIES REGARDLESS OF: (A) OUR NEGLIGENCE; (B) OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE; (C) ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; AND (D) WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES IN NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LEGAL LIABILITY. THIS PROVISION ENTITLED “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” APPLIES EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN THE DAMAGES. IN THOSE AREAS THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR THE DAMAGES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (£100).
3.3 Third Parties. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE AND NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHER WEB SITES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THE SITE. WE NEITHER ENDORSE NOR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIAL(S), AND YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON, SUCH MATERIAL(S), NOR FOR ANY FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY OF OUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AT LAW OR IN EQUITY, AGAINST ANY SITE USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
4. YOUR USE OF THE SITE. 4.1 Your Right to Use the Site. We grant you a non-exclusive, personal, and revocable right to access the Site. You represent that you are at least the following age: 16
4.2 Passwords. You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password(s), and for the acts and omissions of any third party that accesses the Site through use of your password, as if such acts and omissions were your own.
4.3 Changes to the Site and Premium Features. We shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
6. EQUIPMENT. You must obtain, pay for and maintain all software, hardware and anything else needed to use the Site.
7. YOUR CONDUCT. 7.1 Lawful Purposes. You shall use the Site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the Site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, contains injurious formulas, recipes, or instructions that encourage criminal conduct, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
7.2 Intellectual Property. The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, which may include, but is not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound. We own a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original, granted or assigned to us. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works, publicly distribute, publicly display, reproduce, publicly perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever (including, without limitation, print and electronic formats) any of the Site content, without our prior written authorization. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under the United States copyright laws, copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material is not permitted without our written permission and the applicable copyright owner. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
7.3 Works and Material You Submit to the Site. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any works or material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express written permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any works or material are not so protected rests entirely with you. You are liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, or other proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. For all works or material submitted by you to the Site, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted, us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, fully-paid up license to use, reproduce, create derivative works, publicly distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, assume any sound recording rights or moral rights of attribution or integrity, transmit, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed (including, without limitation, print and electronic form, media and technology) for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such works or materials. Except as limited under applicable law, and subject to any functionality on the Site allowing you to restrict access, you also permit any other Site user to access, view, store or reproduce the works or materials consistent with the provision entitled “Your Right to Use the Site.“
11. TRADEMARKS. The following trademark(s) are owned by us, all rights reserved: Scorpion Automotive. All other trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners. You gain no rights of any nature whatsoever in our trademarks, service marks or trade names through your use of the Site.
12. NO ENDORSEMENT OF SITE CONTENT. We neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on or off the Site by anyone other than one of our authorised employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities. It is the responsibility of you to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site or through a Site user. Advice of a professional may be necessary for you regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
13. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT: TERMINATION, NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN POLICY. Our Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding the Site can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org 13.1 Termination of Site Access. We respect the rights of copyright holders and in this regard, we have adopted and implemented this policy. Under this policy, we shall terminate, if commercially practicable and reasonable, Site access in appropriate circumstances for employees, Site users and account holders, who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If the infringer is an innocent infringer, then we shall not terminate access unless such person has repeatedly infringed copyrighted material. If we determine that the infringer negligently or intentionally engaged in the infringing activity, then we reserve the right to immediately terminate that infringer’s Site access.
13.2 Notification. If anyone believes that his or her work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, and that work appears on the Site, or on another web site linked to the Site, then that person (the “Notifier“) should provide our Copyright Agent a notification (“Notification“) containing the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; 2. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; 3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; 4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; 5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and 6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
13.3 Counter Notification. Upon receiving a Notification, we will take reasonable steps to notify you or the other individual (the “Material User“) under whose direction the material resides on the Site or any other web site, if applicable, that we have removed or disabled access to such material. If the Material User believes that our removal of or disabling of access to such material was a result of mistake or misidentification, then the Material User should provide our Copyright Agent a counter notification (a “Counter Notification“) containing the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the Material User; 2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled; 3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the Material User has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; 4. The Material User’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Material User consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which such address is located, and that the Material User will accept service of process from the Notifier or his or her agent.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification, we will provide the Notifier with a copy of the Counter Notification. We will also inform the Notifier that we will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it. We will then restore the removed material or cease disabling access to it unless the Notifier has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the Material User from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site. The aforementioned responsibilities are required of us in order to comply with the Acts. If the Notifier is you, you hereby agree to provide our Copyright Agent with immediate written notice of the filing of the above action.
14. GENERAL. Entire Agreement and Amendments. This Agreement is the entire agreement between us and supersedes all earlier and simultaneous agreements regarding the subject matter. Governing Law and Forum. All claims regarding this Agreement are governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland, applicable to contracts wholly made and performed in such jurisdiction, except for any choice or conflict of Law principles, and must be litigated in E.U, regardless of the inconvenience of the forum, except that we may seek temporary injunctive relief in any venue of our choosing. The parties acknowledge and agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically excluded from application to this Agreement. No Waivers, Cumulative Remedies. Our failure to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this Agreement is not a waiver of any of our rights under this Agreement. All of our remedies under this Agreement, at Law or in equity, are cumulative and nonexclusive. Severability. If any portion of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion must be construed as nearly as possible to reflect our original intent, the remaining portions remain in full force and effect, and the unenforceable portion remains enforceable in all other contexts and jurisdictions. Notices. All notices to us under this Agreement must be sent by registered or certified mail or by overnight commercial delivery to this address: SCORPION AUTOMOTIVE, Drumhead Road, Chorley North Business Park, Chorley, England, PR6 7DE. Captions and Plural Terms. All captions are for purposes of convenience only and are not to be used in interpretation or enforcement of this Agreement. Terms defined in the singular have the same meaning in the plural and vice versa.
Purchasing Products On Our Site
Please read these terms and conditions carefully, and print and keep a copy of them for your reference.
Making a contract with us
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to purchase goods subject to our terms and conditions. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
You must be over 18 years of age to order from Go-electrical and delivery must be made within the UK.
DPD Local is our delivery partner of choice however we may use an alternative carrier in certain circumstances.
If an item is out of stock for a long period of time we will inform you by email of an expected delivery date. If this is not acceptable we will inform you of an alternative item or you may cancel the order.
Damaged in transit: If possible any damages should be noted on the delivery note. Please inform us of any damages, shortages or incorrect items as soon as you are made aware by emailing email@example.com or writing to us. Photographic evidence of damage will need to be provided where possible. Please report all damages prior to use – Please be aware that if returning an item as “damaged” then all items received back to ourselves should be unused. Unfortunately if the item is found to have been used on return then you will be liable for costs incurred in replacing the item.
Cancellation and Returns
If possible any damages should be noted on the delivery note. Please inform us of any damages, shortages or incorrect items promptly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us.
For more information on our returns policy, including no fault and faulty returns please see our returns section.
Prices and Payment
All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rate unless otherwise stated. Prices quoted are correct at the time of entering information. We reserve the right to change prices and specification or withdraw any item on the website at our discretion without prior notice. We will not be liable to you or anyone else for withdrawing an item from the website or refusing to process an order. However, this will not affect any order that have been accepted and therefore dispatched.
Credit/debit cards will be charged at the time of ordering. Orders can only be processed using a UK credit or debit card that allows 3D Verification. We reserve the right to request further information at our discretion before dispatching an order.
Pricing errors – in the event that our products are listed at the wrong price due to typing errors or incorrect pricing information from our suppliers we have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed.
Refunds are processed on a weekly basis but please be aware by law refunds will be processed within a period of 30 days. Please note that we will not be held responsible for any interest payment that you may incur because any refund was made outside of your credit/debit card timescales.